Beauty Slang Peeves

I guess this comes from my mom and it kinda stuck with me. There are just some things that drive me crazy and not knowing proper beauty slang is one of them.

I hate it when:

She plucks her eyebrows.

lol...

We pluck chickens and worse, ticks off dogs. We don't pluck eye brows. The proper slang for this proceedure is "tweeze". You can either tweeze or wax your eyebrows. You don't pluck them.

I am going to get my hair dyed.

Nope, your hair is dead cells, yes. However, you never dye it. You dye clothing like tie dyed shirts, but we "color" our hair. If you decide to go blonde, it can pass as bleaching your hair. Even though I really don't like that one either, but it will do.

Since I am big on nails and manicures, I want to mention something about them, since I am on this topic. I cannot stand when a woman saws her fingernails. When you "file" your nails, you should move the file in one direction, lift and repeat. Never use a sawing motion, especially if you have weak nails.

When you apply makeup, there is another thing that drives me crazy. When a woman chooses a color for foundation, it should match her skin tone. The best test for this is to apply a little of the color to the base of your thumb on the outside of your hand. This is a part of your body that closely matches the color of your face. If it doesn't blend in, it is not your color. You may need help with this. A lot of places like Dillards or Penneys has beauty consultants who can assist you.

Here are some tips:

Wet hair is NEVER to be brushed (actually recently learned this). Use a comb.
You can apply the conditioner to your dry hair before showering. This helps keep moisture in it.

Another thing is don not let a cosmetologist lie to you by saying that your hair will grow faster when you cut it. This is a lie because hair grows from the roots, not the ends. All hair is made up of is dead cells.
thumbnail
Judul: Beauty Slang Peeves
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Ditulis Oleh

Artikel Terkait beauty tips, hair care tips, makeup tips, manicure tips :

0 comments:

 
Copyright © 2013. About - Sitemap - Contact - Privacy
Template Seo Elite oleh Bamz